Re: Re:答复: [GENERAL] About could not connect to server: Connection timed out - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re:答复: [GENERAL] About could not connect to server: Connection timed out
Date
List pgsql-general
Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> writes:
> Anyway, let me make sure I understand what you are saying. After you
> reboot the server, just after the PostgreSQL service has started up,
> there are several minutes where some (but not all) client connections
> tend to time out. After that initial problem period, things start to
> work properly again and the time-outs stop happening. You only have
> problems shortly after PostgreSQL (and usually the whole server) has
> been re-started.

Maybe there's some firewall filtering that takes a while to start up
fully?

What I'd try to determine is whether this behavior occurs when PG itself
is restarted without rebooting the whole machine.

            regards, tom lane