Re: Add function to return the thread safety status of libpq - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Add function to return the thread safety status of libpq
Date
List pgsql-patches
Qingqing Zhou <zhouqq@cs.toronto.edu> writes:
> This is half of an item in TODO list. I patch this because now pgbench is
> threaded in Win32, so it is better to check thread safety of libpq.dll.

ISTM this was proposed once before, and rejected on the grounds that
no one could present a convincing use case.  Exactly where is there
an application that will support both threaded and nonthreaded libpq
*at run time*?  Is there a point in checking the thread-safety of
libpq when you can't check the thread-safety of libc?

BTW, an acceptable patch that changes libpq's API would require
documentation and exports.txt updates...

            regards, tom lane