Re: query against single partition uses index, against master table does seq scan - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: query against single partition uses index, against master table does seq scan
Date
List pgsql-performance
Mike Broers <mbroers@gmail.com> writes:
> This is 9.5, sorry I didnt mention that in the initial post.

Hmm, that's odd then.

> I am guessing the issue is that the secondary non-indexed criteria is a
> search through a jsonb column?

Doubt it; it should have considered the plan you are thinking of anyway.
Maybe it did, but threw it away on some bogus cost estimate.  If you could
produce a self-contained test case, I'd be willing to take a look.

            regards, tom lane