Re: [Pgbuildfarm] buildfarm olinguito vs python - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [Pgbuildfarm] buildfarm olinguito vs python
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Davin M. Potts" <davin@discontinuity.net> writes:
> At Alvaro's suggestion, I'm forwarding my questions (see email thread
> further below) to this list.

> In short, building of PL/Python has been disabled on OpenBSD since 2005.
> The errors seen at the time (on OpenBSD and FreeBSD, both) may or may
> not still be an issue with modern builds of Python.  Can someone point
> me to examples of how these errors manifested themselves?  Has Peter
> Eisentraut or others poked at this recently enough to tell me this is
> not worth chasing down?

I'm fairly sure that the errors were blatantly obvious, ie failure to
build or failure to pass even basic regression tests.  If you can tell
us that that configure check is inappropriate on modern openbsd, I'd
be happy to see it go.