Re: password_encryption default - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: password_encryption default
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> * Magnus Hagander (magnus@hagander.net) wrote:

> I'm +1 on moving the default for password_encryption to be
> scram.  Even better would be changing the pg_hba.conf default, but I
> think we still have concerns about that having problems with the
> regression tests and the buildfarm.

As far as that last goes, we *did* get the buildfarm fixed to be all
v11 scripts, so I thought we were ready to move forward on trying
09f08930f again.  It's too late to consider that for v13, but
perhaps it'd be reasonable to change the SCRAM default now?  Not sure.
Post-beta1 isn't the best time for such things.