Re: 8.2.4 selects make applications wait indefinitely - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 8.2.4 selects make applications wait indefinitely
Date
RES: 8.2.4 selects make applications wait indefinitely  ("Carlos H. Reimer" <carlos.reimer@opendb.com.br>)
List pgsql-general
"Carlos H. Reimer" <carlos.reimer@opendb.com.br> writes:
> ... if you name all the table columns instead of using the * the query
> runs fine, otherwise it locks.

[ blink... ]  You really, really, really need to provide a reproducible
test case to prove that claim.

> The problem only occurs if we use remote clients, if the "SELECT * from
> tb_produtos where codigo=5002" is processed by a local(server) psql utility
> it runs fine too. When we try to run the query in a remote client using the
> windows psql it locks.

That sounds like your unspecified "remote client" has got some issues,
but you've not provided any details that would let anyone else figure
it out.

            regards, tom lane