Re: plpgsql is not translate-aware - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: plpgsql is not translate-aware
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> The vices in the error message are not the translator's fault: missing
> quotes and "plpgsql" instead of "PL/pgSQL":

It's been message style policy for quite some time to not quote the
output of format_type.  I think this is because format_type sometimes
puts quotes into its output, and it'd look weird.

> I'd even go a bit further and say that the original should not include
> the language name in the string, so that (say) plpython and plperl can
> use the same translation:

That'd only be useful if they all share a common message catalog, which
does not seem like a good design direction to me.  How would a non-core
PL hope to get localized if it can't have its own catalog?