Re: --with-tcl won't gmake - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: --with-tcl won't gmake
Date
List pgsql-novice
Petre Scheie <petre.scheie@nextelpartners.com> writes:
> It looks like (a) is the problem, as the only thing in /usr/include/X11/
> is a dirctory called bitmaps.  This may be a naive question, but how do
> I figure out what I need in there?

You need whatever software bundle HP puts the X11 header files in.  It's
been long enough since I did an HPUX system install that I forget where
to look for that info ... sorry ...

> I'll try it with the --without-tk. The purpose of including these
> switches is to provide support for pgaccess; but the error I was getting
>   only refers to needing tcl, I believe.

You will not be able to build Tk from source either, nor any other
X11-using programs, without those headers.  But if you can rely on a
prebuilt Tk then maybe it doesn't matter to you.  I think pgaccess only
needs libpgtcl.sl, which you should be able to build --without-tk.

            regards, tom lane