Re: BUG #14451: PostgreSQL server on iscsi disks - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #14451: PostgreSQL server on iscsi disks
Date
List pgsql-bugs
tim.klicks@gmail.com writes:
> As mentioned, I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but it would be great
> if you could include the remote-fs.target dependency into the
> postgresql-9.6.service file.

I'm fairly certain this was an intentional omission.  The normal
configuration does not put the database on a remote filesystem,
so adding this dependency would simply delay database startup
longer than necessary, and maybe even uselessly stop it from
coming up at all if there are problems on some remote filesystem.
The expectation is that if you rearrange things to store the DB
remotely, you should adjust the service file to match.  (Perhaps
that could be documented better, though.)

            regards, tom lane