Re: [HACKERS] GnuTLS support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] GnuTLS support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/27/18 19:49, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> To open another can of worms, are we ever going to rename "ssl"
> parameters to "tls"

I had been thinking about that, too, but it doesn't seem worth it.
While renaming server-side settings might be feasible with some
annoyance, this would also include renaming libpq connection parameters
and APIs, which would be much more problematic.

I think most users actually still think about the whole topic as "SSL",
and the leading library is called "OpenSSL", so I think we're fine.