Re: I am working on trying to improve a database perfomance in version 9.2 Postgresql database server - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Khangelani Gama
Subject Re: I am working on trying to improve a database perfomance in version 9.2 Postgresql database server
Date
List pgsql-admin

Any advices will help, see some information below:

Linux is CentOS release 6.4 (Final)

PostgreSQL version ?

Ø  9.2.4

Do you have all the 103 database in one cluster ? I suspect a DISK IO and CPU spike. Do you see that ?

Ø    Yes all 103 database are in one cluster

Its hard to say straight if there is a need for REINDEXING. Can you let us know the hardware specifications of the server.

We will need to understand if the server capacity is falling short for the load being received.

How many active connections you see at the database level ?

Ø  Max connections is 200 because it was giving problems with 100 max connections

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The contents of and attachments to this e-mail are intended for the addressee only, and may contain the confidential
information of Argility (Proprietary) Limited and/or its subsidiaries. Any review, use or dissemination thereof by anyone
other than the intended addressee is prohibited.If you are not the intended addressee please notify the writer immediately
and destroy the e-mail. Argility (Proprietary) Limited and its subsidiaries distance themselves from and accept no liability
for unauthorised use of their e-mail facilities or e-mails sent other than strictly for business purposes.