Re: External psql editor - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: External psql editor
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4/29/22 15:50, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> Is there a way to define the name of the temporary file created by \e
> command? I'd like to name it "afiedt.buf", not for sentimental reasons.
> I already have a cron job that cleans afiedt.buf from my home directory
> every hour and having psql name temporary file like that would simplify
> the cleaning process. The name comes from another database with the same
> editor construct as \e. I am actually quite used to that.

I honestly don't know. However, psql is reading back that temporary file
and removes it when you exit the external editor, so there is no use for
that cron job here. This is similar to the behavior of other systems
like "virsh edit DOM" for example.

Regards, Jan