Re: Wall shiping replica failed to recover database with error: invalid contrecord length 1956 at FED/38FFE208 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Wall shiping replica failed to recover database with error: invalid contrecord length 1956 at FED/38FFE208
Date
In response to Re: Wall shiping replica failed to recover database with error:invalid contrecord length 1956 at FED/38FFE208  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
List pgsql-general
> * Aleš Zelený (zeleny.ales@gmail.com) wrote:
>> But recovery on replica failed to proceed WAL file
>> 0000000100000FED00000039  with log message: " invalid contrecord length
>> 1956 at FED/38FFE208".

> Err- you've drawn the wrong conclusion from that message (and you're
> certainly not alone- it's a terrible message and we should really have a
> HINT there or something).

Yeah, those messages are all pretty ancient, from when WAL was new and not
to be trusted much.  Perhaps the thing to do is move the existing info
into DETAIL and make the primary message be something like "reached
apparent end of WAL stream".

            regards, tom lane