Re: 0ut of Memory Error during Vacuum Analyze and - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 0ut of Memory Error during Vacuum Analyze and
Date
List pgsql-performance
"Tomeh, Husam" <htomeh@firstam.com> writes:
> When I first connect to the database via "psql" and issue the "create
> index" statement, of course,  I get the "out of memory" error. If I
> don't quit my current session and re-ran the same DDL statement again,
> the index gets created successfully!.. However, if after my first
> unsuccessful run, I exit my session and re-connect again, and then run
> the DDL, it will fail again and get the same error. I have done that for
> many times and appears to have a consistent pattern of behavior.

Now that you know how to reproduce it, please have another go at getting
that stack trace.  The palloc printout certainly looks like some kind of
memory-leak issue, but I can't tell more than that from it.

            regards, tom lane