Re: On non-Windows, hard depend on uselocale(3) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: On non-Windows, hard depend on uselocale(3)
Date
Re: On non-Windows, hard depend on uselocale(3)
List pgsql-hackers
"Tristan Partin" <tristan@neon.tech> writes:
> I would like to propose removing HAVE_USELOCALE, and just have WIN32,
> which means that Postgres would require uselocale(3) on anything that
> isn't WIN32.

You would need to do some research and try to prove that that won't
be a problem on any modern platform.  Presumably it once was a problem,
or we'd not have bothered with a configure check.

(Some git archaeology might yield useful info about when and why
we added the check.)