Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Import from Linux to - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Import from Linux to
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane said:
>> Should it be backported for the upcoming stable release(s)? Bruce and
>> I  were discussing this earlier.
>
> Probably a good idea, since we do support psql on Windows even in the
> older releases.
>
> My personal opinion is to back-port only as far as 7.4, but if you feel
> like doing and testing it for 7.3 then I'll apply the patch.  I need it
> tomorrow (Sat) though, as I'd like to wrap these releases Sunday.

No, I think 7.4 should do. 7.3 users will still have the dos2unix workaround
available. Are you going to do the 7.4 patch, or do you need me to? I
normally only keep a HEAD tree checked out. A quick look at the cvsweb diffs
suggests the patch should apply cleanly but with different line offsets.

cheers

andrew