Re: 8.1.3 and unused files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 8.1.3 and unused files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Rod Taylor <pg@rbt.ca> writes:
> Am I correct in the thought that the various files listed below are not
> used by the database and can be safely removed? There were no other
> active db connections when I issued this command.

> I think truncate (Slony) left them behind.

I don't particularly like the casual assumption that truncate is broken.
If I were you I'd be looking harder for a plausible explanation about
where these files came from, especially seeing how large they are.
Have you tried dumping the file contents to see if the data looks
recognizable at all?