Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/contrib/pg_dumpaccounts (Makefile README pg_dumpaccounts.sh) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/contrib/pg_dumpaccounts (Makefile README pg_dumpaccounts.sh)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom, your feelings on this?  Does Lamar's argument change anything?

Not for me.  I understand Lamar's concern, but the time to be responding
to it was two weeks ago, not today.  7.0.3 is long overdue already ---
and in fact would be out now, had you not been out of town earlier this
week, no?

I also don't like the fact that a commit change appeared without any
prior discussion or even notice ... not the way to do things for a
patch-release, IMHO.

Basically I want to get 7.0.3 out the door so we can focus our full
attention on getting 7.1 to beta.  Last-minute marginal hacks are not
the way to go.