Re: [HACKERS] No-op case in ExecEvalConvertRowtype - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] No-op case in ExecEvalConvertRowtype
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> ... One of
> the earlier versions of that patch introduced a consider_typeid parameter
> for which only ExecEvalConvertRowtype() passed true.

Yeah, I was thinking of adding a flag along that line to fix this, but
desisted after figuring out that ExecEvalConvertRowtype was the only
candidate for using it.  Ashutosh's patch had already shown that it'd
be better to pass "false" there too, so we'd end up with no use cases
at all.