Re: WIP: Upper planner pathification - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: WIP: Upper planner pathification
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
> What query is that lone data point that took 8ms instead of 6ms to
> plan in both charts (assuming it's the same data point)?

Ah, sorry, I should probably have spent a little more time on making those
charts.  That thing you're looking at isn't a data point, it's gnuplot
showing what symbol it used for the data from this file.

Here's another one with the axes adjusted to keep the labels away from
the data, and with both sets of data overlaid.  This makes it a bit
clearer that the UPPEREL_INITIAL removal moved the distribution slightly
but measurably at the bottom of the time range.

            regards, tom lane

Attachment