Re: Why does query planner choose slower BitmapAnd ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Why does query planner choose slower BitmapAnd ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Seamus Abshere <seamus@abshere.net> writes:
> Inspired, I changed cpu_index_tuple_cost to 0.1 (default: 0.005). It
> "fixed" my problem by preventing the BitmapAnd.

> Is this dangerous?

Use a gentle tap, man, don't swing the hammer with quite so much abandon.
I'd have tried doubling the setting to start with.  Raising it 20X might
cause other queries to change behavior undesirably.

            regards, tom lane