Re: Do we really want to migrate plproxy and citext into PG core distribution? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Do we really want to migrate plproxy and citext into PG core distribution?
Date
Re: Do we really want to migrate plproxy and citext into PG core distribution?  ("David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> ISTM that Tom's objection is really that citext is a hack, and that it
> will actually make it harder for us to get to a collation-based case
> insensitive comparison.

Well, it won't make it harder to implement collations; but I worry that
people who have been relying on the citext syntax will have a hard time
migrating to collations.  Perhaps if someone did the legwork to
determine exactly what that conversion would look like, it would assuage
the fear.