Re: typo in postgresql.conf - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: typo in postgresql.conf
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Holger Klawitter <lists@klawitter.de> writes:
> TYPOS:
> * postgresql.conf says that you may specify "interfaces" in
> listen_addresses, it should read "hostnames".

I think it means what it says.  Interfaces are what you can actually
bind to or not bind to, at least with the TCP stacks I've worked with.

> NITPICKING:
> * (initdb.1) it might be good to add a warnung like this:

>   Beware: Not every --locale works with every --encoding!
>   In particular --econding=UNICODE (you might want to use
>   "--locale=en_US.utf8" or similar. See "locale -a" to obtain
>   a list of available locales.

There is a test now in initdb to warn you if you pick an incompatible
pair.  Does it not work for you?

            regards, tom lane