Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/contrib/pg_dumpaccounts (Makefile README pg_dumpaccounts.sh) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/contrib/pg_dumpaccounts (Makefile README pg_dumpaccounts.sh)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I think the issue is that we don't want to risk breaking pg_dumpall in a
> minor release.

No we don't, but I agree with Peter that pg_dumpall is the place for
this feature in the long run.  A separate contrib script is not going
to get maintained.

What I want to know is why we are adding features at all in a minor
release.  Especially 24 or so hours before release, when there is
certainly no time for any testing worthy of the name.  Contrib or no
contrib, I think this is a bad idea and a bad precedent.