Re: Can we revisit the thought of PostgreSQL 7.2.4? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Can we revisit the thought of PostgreSQL 7.2.4?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> So, do we have non-security fixes to warrant a 7.2.X?

There's the order-of-operations-in-checkpoint problem, and there's
one variant of the "no one parent tuple was found" problem that
should have been patched in 7.2.3, but was overlooked.

Also, the bogus-datetime-table-ordering bugs appear to exist in
7.2 (cf. recent complaint about timezone ART not being recognized).
That ought to be back-patched, if we're going to make a 7.2.4,
though one could certainly say that that doesn't merit a release
by itself.

I think there's enough to warrant a 7.2.4 ...