Re: Adding \x escape processing to COPY, psql, backend - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Adding \x escape processing to COPY, psql, backend
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Here is a new version of the three \x hex support patches.  I have added
> \x for psql variables, which is the last patch.

> I have IM'ed with Peter and he is now OK with the idea of supporting \x,
> with the underestanding that it doesn't take us any farther away from
> compatibility than we are now.

Peter may be OK with it, but I object strongly to adding this to SQL
literals.  This is exactly *not* the direction we want to be going in.

I don't really see the point for COPY and psql, either.

            regards, tom lane