Re: Alias collision in `refresh materialized view concurrently` - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Alias collision in `refresh materialized view concurrently`
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Aug 06, 2021 at 10:48:40AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Given that it took this long to notice the problem at all, maybe
>> this is not a fix to cram in on the weekend before the release wrap.
>> But I don't see why we need to settle for "mostly works" when
>> "always works" is barely any harder.

> Yes, I would vote to delay that for a couple of days.  That's not
> worth taking a risk for.

I went ahead and created the patch, including test case, and it
seems fine.  So I'm leaning towards pushing that tomorrow.  Mainly
because I don't want to have to document "we partially fixed this"
in this release set and then "we really fixed it" three months from
now.