Re: plpgsql is not translate-aware - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: plpgsql is not translate-aware
Date
Re: plpgsql is not translate-aware  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Actually this is wrong -- since the library is going to run with
> "postgres" text domain, we need to add the files to the backend's
> nls.mk:

Can't we give it its own text domain?  It seems fundamentally wrong
for a plug-in language to require core support for its messages.
(Now that I think about it, that may have been the reason we don't have
localization for it already.)  I suppose this must be possible,
since e.g. glibc manages to have its own messages separate from
whatever app it's linked with.