CREATE DATABASE ENCRYPTED ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From btober@seaworthysys.com
Subject CREATE DATABASE ENCRYPTED ?
Date
List pgsql-general
I apologize in advance if I'm remembering incorrectly or am missing
something right under my nose, but I thought there used to be an option
for creating a database or table in which all the data was stored
encrypted, something like "CREATE DATABASE dbname ENCRYPTED" or "CREATE
TABLE tname ENCRYPTED", but now I can't find that in the documentation
anywhere. The only thing close I've located is the "ENCRYPTED" option for
the password in "CREATE USER".  I know there is the pg_cyrpt library for
and related functions, but where (if it exists) is that functionality for
database-wide encryption ... or am I thinking of some database product
other than Postgresql?

--
Berend Tober