Re: [INTERFACES] RE: ODBC and RDO - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] RE: ODBC and RDO
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> ... Folks have generated PDF from the PS files (they are
> available at ftp://postgresql.org) but afaik direct generation of PDF
> would have the same drawbacks as other formats wrt needing minor
> markup fixes. The current scheme is definitely *not* ideal, but it
> works and the tools are available to me on my Linux box (doesn't PDF
> have some proprietary tools required?).

FYI, the soon-to-appear 6.0 release of Ghostscript will have PDF-writing
capability: feed it a plain PS file, get PDF.  I haven't played with it,
but I believe it will be a reasonable freeware substitute for Adobe's
PDF-creation tools.
        regards, tom lane