Re: missing schemas from template1 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: missing schemas from template1
Date
List pgsql-admin
drdani@mazsola.iit.uni-miskolc.hu writes:
> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It's difficult to believe that those aren't there, or that the database
>> would appear to work if they were not.

> The databse is not useable, so that's right.

>> Are you able to do, say, "select
>> * from pg_namespace"?

> The system is closed, I have no access to it from home, so I can't try
> it right now. The answer is surely no.

If not, why are you so certain that the problem is with missing schemas
and not something else?  I would think it would be impossible to do any
investigation at all, if the initial catalog contents are messed up that
badly.

            regards, tom lane