Re: CVS corruption/mistagging? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: CVS corruption/mistagging?
Date
Re: CVS corruption/mistagging?  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Re: CVS corruption/mistagging?  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Good, but the salient followup questions to that are (1) backed up to
>> where exactly?, and (2) how many days' past backups could we get at,
>> if we had to?

> They are dumped to a NFS share on this schedule. That NFS share is
> dumped to tape by systems at Conova - I'll let Stefan fill in the
> details about that.

That's good as far as it goes, but seeing that PG is a worldwide
organization now, I wonder whether our primary CVS shouldn't have
backups on several continents.  Pardon my paranoia ... but our
collective arses have been saved by offsite backups at least once
already ...