Re: [HACKERS] Postgresql10 Bug report. (pg_catalog.pg_statistic_ext does not exist) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Postgresql10 Bug report. (pg_catalog.pg_statistic_ext does not exist)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> mark wrote:
>> m=# create table mytable (myid serial, mytext text);
>> CREATE TABLE
>> m=# \d mytable
>> ERROR:  relation "pg_catalog.pg_statistic_ext" does not exist

> Ah, what happens is you're using a new psql with a pre-10 server.  Yeah,
> this is a bug since psql is supposed to work fine with older servers
> too.  Thanks for the report, will fix.

No, there is a version test there, and it works fine for me.  I think
the OP is somehow using a very recent psql with a v10, but not so recent,
server.  Perhaps he didn't restart his server after updating RPMs.