Re: unexpected data beyond EOF and character encoding - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: unexpected data beyond EOF and character encoding
Date
List pgsql-general
Jaime Silvela <JSilvela@bear.com> writes:
> Wow, thanks! I'll definitely get the Unix operations guys to investigate.
> Do you know if this is tracked as an issue for Linux? I'd like some
> reassurance that whatever release Unix Ops is able to upgrade to fixes
> the bug.

I did some idle searching when we were looking at the previous report
but couldn't find any specific kernel patches about this.  It's
presumably known on the kernel side but maybe not under the specific
"lseek reports stale EOF position" guise that we know it as.  If you
manage to track it down please do post back here, because we'd all
like to know.

            regards, tom lane