Re: disabling log_rotation_age feature. - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: disabling log_rotation_age feature.
Date
List pgsql-docs
David G Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Tom Lane-2 [via PostgreSQL] <
> ml-node+s1045698n5807014h58@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
>> I wonder if we should round fractions up instead of down in that logic?
>> It might be less surprising for those GUCs where zero is special, and
>> it seems like about a wash for most others.

> ​I think documenting the behavior better,

I don't.  If you have to explain it, it probably needs improvement.

> Green field maybe I'd say yes but given that the new behavior could turn
> features on that are currently off it doesn't seem to be beneficial enough
> to warrant changing.

I don't think that argument holds water either.  We routinely make
changes that break old postgresql.conf files.  Not in minor updates
of course, but none of this is material for back-patching.

            regards, tom lane