Re: log rotatoin doc updates - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: log rotatoin doc updates
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Ed L." <pgsql@bluepolka.net> writes:
> My misunderstanding.  I misread the above to mean SIGHUP did not work, as
> opposed to postgresql.conf variables for which SIGHUP *will* reload them.
> I guess the word "only" refers to not being able to use SET?

Or ALTER DATABASE, ALTER USER, etc.

I guess the wording assumes that you know that altering postgresql.conf
requires a SIGHUP to make anything happen.  I wouldn't object to
inserting some explicit mention of SIGHUP into these canned phrases,
if it can be done without making it much longer or more obscure.
Any thoughts?

            regards, tom lane