Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Gavin Sherry <swm@linuxworld.com.au> writes:
> On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, Tom Lane wrote:
>> My feeling is that we ought to bounce bitmap indexes and updatable views
>> as not being ready, accept all the contrib stuff, and try to get the
>> other items done in time for a beta at, say, the end of next week.

> For what it's worth, Jie and I hope to have finished the bitmap streaming
> this weekend which is the only outstanding issue with the code as it
> currently stands.

AFAIR, you told me "it'll be done this weekend" last week.  And the week
before.

In any case, it's going to be a large complicated patch, and if I spend
all next week reviewing it then I won't make any progress on the other
items on my to-do list.  At some point we have to say "this has slipped
too far, we have to hold it over for 8.3".