Re: make check-world failing for me - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: make check-world failing for me
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
> I'm using the latest version of Linux Mint Debian Edition, having recently
> upgraded from an older version, and now I can't get make check-world to
> finish successfully.

> The initial theory was that the version of Bison I'm using (3.0.2) is to
> blame, but I've also tested it against 3.0.1, 2.7.1 and 2.3, but I get the
> same problem:

Don't see how it would be Bison's fault.  What this looks like to me is
that you've got a corrupted copy of src/test/perl/PostgresNode.pm,
because this:

> syntax error at
> /home/thom/Development/postgresql/src/test/modules/commit_ts/../../../../src/test/perl/PostgresNode.pm
> line 437, near ")
>             print"

doesn't seem to have anything to do with what's actually at line 437
in that file (at least not in current HEAD).  I don't see any close
matches elsewhere in that file, either.