Re: -S is missing in postgresql.conf? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: -S is missing in postgresql.conf?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> IMHO we should make -S be configurable in postgresql.conf and let
> users choose what they want.

I agree.  Mind you, I think we should discourage use of -S, because it
makes troubleshooting so much more difficult.  But we shouldn't remove
the option; people who are running a stable application mix and not
having problems may well think they don't need to expend disk space on
a postmaster log.  And if we have the option then it ought to be
supported uniformly via GUC.