Re: ISBN/ISSN/ISMN/EAN13 module - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ISBN/ISSN/ISMN/EAN13 module
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Jeremy Kronuz" <kronuz@hotmail.com> writes:
> ... Tom, were you able to apply the patch without problems
> ('cause this is one of the first times I post a patch in a mailing list.)

Um, no, doesn't work at all unfortunately:

$ patch --dry <~/ean.patch
patching file isn.c
patch: **** malformed patch at line 6: enum isn_type { INVALID, ANY, EAN13, ISBN, ISMN, ISSN, UPC };

$

It looks like the patch got whitespace-mangled in transit.  With many
mail programs it works better to add a patch as an attachment than
to try to include it directly in the message text.  Also, we usually
ask for diff -c rather than diff -u format ... I for one find it easier
to read.

Please sync the text-conversion issues and resubmit.

            regards, tom lane