Re: Strange left outer join performance issue

From: Tom Lane
Subject: Re: Strange left outer join performance issue
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Strange left outer join performance issue  ("Noah M. Daniels", )
 Re: Strange left outer join performance issue  ("Daniel Cristian Cruz", )
  Re: Strange left outer join performance issue  ("Noah M. Daniels", )
 Re: Strange left outer join performance issue  (Tom Lane, )

"Noah M. Daniels" <> writes:
> You're right; this is postgres 8.0.8. Perhaps upgrading will solve
> this issue. Is there any way to get this query to perform better in
> postgres 8.0.8?

You could try reducing random_page_cost, but I'm not sure that will
help much.

            regards, tom lane