Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> However, I am not clear what benefit we get from moving this into core
> in 9.1.  If it's still going to require a full postmaster restart, the
> GUC you have to change may as well be shared_preload_libraries as a
> new one.

+1.  I am not in favor of randomly repackaging functionality, unless
there's some clear benefit gained by doing so.  In this case it seems
like something that could and should remain at arm's length forever,
so a contrib module is the ideal packaging.