Re: Recovery Test Framework - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Recovery Test Framework
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Robert Haas wrote:
>> (It would be interesting to here how much value people think it has
>> added, and get suggestions on how to do things better next time.)

> I'm not sure how much round-robin-review has taken load off committers,
> you have to read and understand a patch before committing anyway. It has
> helped, for sure, but not dramatically. However, I think that it has
> made a big difference from authors point of view; you get feedback earlier.

I think it's helped from the committers' standpoint too, in the form of
taking care of some issues that would otherwise have had to be dealt
with by the committer.  (Which was all we asked for anyway.)

In my mind though, the real benefit of the system and the reason we
should keep it up is to get more people looking at the code.  New
committers don't grow on trees, they come from people getting involved.