Re: BUG #6154: wrong result with nested left-joins - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #6154: wrong result with nested left-joins
Date
Re: BUG #6154: wrong result with nested left-joins
List pgsql-bugs
> "listar" <listar@mail.ru> wrote:
>> PostgreSQL version: 8.4.5

>> And this is the problem - value2 can't be NULL because of COALESCE
>> in sub4 (at least I think that it can't be =))

> This works correctly in release 9.0.4 and development HEAD.  I
> don't still have any machines handy which are running 8.4, but you
> might want to try it on the latest bug-fix version of 8.4 (currently
> 8.4.8) to see if the fix was back-patched.

It works for me too in 8.4.recent; but I believe the relevant fix is in
8.4.5, which makes me doubt the OP's report of his server version.

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=dc9cc887b74bfa0d40829c4df66dead509fdd8f6

            regards, tom lane