Re: Is there any problem with pg_notify and memory consumption? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Is there any problem with pg_notify and memory consumption?
Date
List pgsql-general
Per-Olov Esgard <Per-Olov.Esgard@micronic-mydata.com> writes:
> This is a silly and simple example but it works. The size of the payload
> is approximately the same as the one in my real system.

[ scratches head... ]  I see absolutely no process growth whatsoever
when running this test program, on either HEAD or 9.0.4.  Backend and
client sizes both steady as a rock, when watching them in "top" on a
Fedora 13 box.

In the past, we've seen leakages that only manifested when you used some
nondefault feature, like a higher level of logging, or conversion to a
different client encoding, or something like that.  Maybe you need to
provide more context about your postgresql.conf settings, locale
environment, etc?

            regards, tom lane