Re: IPv6 Support for INET/CIDR types. - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: IPv6 Support for INET/CIDR types.
Date
List pgsql-patches
Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
> Please do *NOT* revert the output functions.  One of the MAJOR reasons
> for the change was to ALWAYS print ALL 4 octets of an IPv4 address in
> the default case.

AFAICT, Paul is not objecting to our adjustments to the I/O conventions.
What he wants is to find a way for the inner inet_{net_}{ntop,pton}
functions to remain identical to the ones in BIND, and do the
adjustments in the Postgres-specific wrapper routines.  I'm not sure how
important that is in reality, but I have no problem with trying...

            regards, tom lane