Re: Patch: Remove all declarations from pg_attribute.h, consolidate BKI scripts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Patch: Remove all declarations from pg_attribute.h, consolidate BKI scripts
Date
Re: Patch: Remove all declarations from pg_attribute.h, consolidate BKI scripts  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On Monday 21 December 2009 02:23:39 Robert Haas wrote:
>> A more important point is whether we really need to make this
>> dependent on Perl 5.6 or later.

> I dont see a platform without perl 5.6 where a new enough flex/bison is
> available...

That argument only holds water if you are willing to follow the same
rules as we use for flex/bison, ie, they are not needed to build from
a source tarball.  Otherwise this *is* moving the goalposts on required
tool support.