Re: [ADMIN] A real puzzler: ANY way to recover? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [ADMIN] A real puzzler: ANY way to recover?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"David F. Skoll" <dfs@roaringpenguin.com> writes:
> Supposing someone stupidly did this:
>     UPDATE pg_database SET datallowconn = false;
> and then closed all the connections to the server.

> Is there any way to recover short of nuking everything and
> restoring from a backup dump? :-(

BTW, am I right in guessing that you got into this fix by sloppy
application of the directions for fixing template0 for the recent
security issues?

Although I dislike last-minute fixes, I am strongly tempted to put in
the ignore-datallowconn-if-standalone change in all the releases we are
about to make.  It'd be a one-liner that is very unlikely to break
anything, and I have this nasty feeling that you may not be the only
guys to make this mistake.