Re: xlogdump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bernd Helmle
Subject Re: xlogdump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
--On Freitag, November 02, 2007 10:54:45 +0000 Gregory Stark
<stark@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> I think this module should be rewritten to depend more closely on the
> Postgres source files. What I'm doing now is making an SRF in the style
> of the pageinspect module which will read an arbitrary wal file and
> generate records directly.

Isn't that already partially implemented in xlogviewer, hosted on the same
project:

<http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/xlogviewer/xlogviewer/

The last time i've used it it had some problems with exhausted memory, but
it implements a SRF returning WAL records from a given log segment file.

--  Thanks
                   Bernd