Re: pgsql (configure configure.in) - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql (configure configure.in)
Date
List pgsql-committers
Peter Eisentraut - PostgreSQL <petere@hub.org> writes:
> Remove a bunch of unused configure tests, in particular cases where
> * the result is only used in some places, whereas others have been getting away with it
> * the result is used improperly

Hmm.  Would you mind explaining the cases that fell in those categories?

In particular, I'd not want to see failure-to-obey-a-config-item in
places like ODBC be mistaken as proof that it's OK.  Some parts of our
code are more portable than others, and dumbing down to the least common
denominator is not the direction to move in...

            regards, tom lane